Monday, April 5, 2010

Deuteronomy 13:4


One morning when I woke up I asked the Lord how can I make my relationship with him better. Then after that I fixed myself and ate my breakfast and read the word. While I was reading, my eyes focused on this verse so I stopped and looked at the passage. I looked at three different translations and a commentary.  There was one thing I noticed especially the amplified version, it says…”You shall walk after the Lord your God and [reverently] fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and cling to Him.” It struck me inside and made me think. He wanted me to do something and that is… to walk after him and not only once in a while, if I feel I like it, or if I need it.   And how? With fear, keeping and obeying his commands, serving and clinging on him.

God wanted his people to walk after him every minute, every second so that he can protect them from the works and tricks of the devil. God’s protection is powerful and mighty.  A promise that we can keep,  “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart(Psalm 91:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment